Home automation in real life

Forum about other Home automation topics which can not be categorized in any other forum. So this needs to be Home automation Domotica related! (otherwise use Off Topic)
jkleering
Starting Member
Starting Member

Home automation in real life

Post by jkleering »

Hello all!

I don't have the user rights that allow me to PM an administrator to ask if this is ok, so fingers crossed :)

My name's Jeffrey and currently I am a student 'Digital Communication Systems' at the HAN University in Arnhem (NL). For my graduation project I am doing a research assignment to assess the current state of home automation needs and mentality of the Dutch people. In basic: finding out possible needs that will help in the adoption of home automation, where the goal is to think of actual solutions that help in daily life.

Since home automation is just a very small part of my educational course (which is about user-computer-business interaction) I am also studying the subject home automation. For this I would love to try and do field research, which means visiting an actual Home Automation demo-environment. In Eindhoven, Holland there is Demo Smarthome but its really hard to make appointments there so by the time I'm in, I should be graduated.

I was hoping to find someone here that has a Automated home or access to a demo house somewhere in Holland that could give me the opportunity to see a smart home in real life and maybe ask a question or two.

My apolagies for registering and asking questions out of the box, without participating first!

Regards,
Jeffrey

Return to “Miscellaneous Home Automation topics”