Wireless tag

Forum about all other NON Home automation stuff can be placed here....
AshaiRey

Wireless tag

Post by AshaiRey »

This could be a very good replacement for the RFID tag system.
It adds sensors at low cost ($15-$12 when ordering 3 or more) , a range up to 60m and can be incorperated into your home network.
Maybe a candidate for a group buy?

Some details
Battery type CR2032 x1

Battery life 2 to 85 months depending on usage and response delay setting

Range 200ft (60m) in free space

Beeper sound level 90dBA at 10cm

User interface Web
iPhone/iPad App (Free)
Android App (Free)

Notification Email
Twitter
Apple Push Notification service on iPhone/iPad
Push notification on Android devices (C2DM)

Supported Wireless Sensor Tags
Motion/Temperature sensor tags (available)
Current/Temperature sensor tags (under development)
Human-presence/Temperature sensor tags (under development)

http://wirelesstag.net/index_ie.html
Bram
abl

Re: Wireless tag

Post by abl »

Would be interested in a group buy, but can this be integrated into Homeseer somehow (I don't have extensive programming skills)?
vanisher

Post by vanisher »

Wow, nice devices.I'll guess the ethernet Tag manager is also needed ($69,-)

Also for room temp monitoring they look quite well.
Rutger

Post by Rutger »

I'm very interested in this products. Maybe it's too good to be true for that price? A connection to Homeseer should be nice too....
My home automation blog: https://rutg3r.com
abl

Post by abl »

There is also a post on the HS form:

board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=155 ... irelesstag
olof

Post by olof »

I ordered these tags + Ethernet manager.

Unfortunately, I received this message below.
Op 25 aug. 2012 om 09:02 heeft "Wirelesstag.net Admin" <support@mytaglist.com> het volgende geschreven:

Dear Sir or Madam,

In order to ship our product which uses radio communication to European countries, the product has to be CE certified (about CE marking: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CE_marking ). We received quotation from multiple testing companies about the cost, the lowest one would cost us $8300 to CE certify both the sensor tag and Ethernet tag manager. We have received total of 78 orders from European countries so far, and unfortunately we need to wait for more orders from European countries to come in before it would make economical sense for us to spend the money to obtain CE marking. Until then, to obey European laws, we must delay shipping of your order.

You can always cancel your order and we will refund your Paypal promptly, if you used credit card, your card will not be charged until we ship your order.

Best regards,
Zhiheng Cao
Sigh, European bureaucracy strikes again...
I appreciate their openness about the situation, and I will have to be patient. Unless, of course, many more of you decide to order as well! :)

Cheers,
Olof
AshaiRey

Post by AshaiRey »

You can also order them via an US postal address/service and that service will forward the package to Europe.
There are several of them, including some setup by Dutch people. :-)
Bram
olof

Post by olof »

Bram,

Good tip, I will look into it.
Thanks

Olof
Moskus
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Moskus »

abl wrote:Would be interested in a group buy, but can this be integrated into Homeseer somehow (I don't have extensive programming skills)?
I'd love to see this integrated in HomeSeer somehow. I do have some programming knowledge but not alot...

However, I see they operate on 433 MHz. Wonder how much they will influence my RFXCOM setup...
HSPro 2.5.0.60, X10 CM11, Z-wave Aeon Stick2, RFXCOM, Script Connector, BT connector, DI Connector, DooNetwork, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLicon, DenonAVR, WebcamXP, Jon00s MaxiBee and Webpage builder
Alexander
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Alexander »

On the faq they speak about eu. Weird
Will we charge for usage of mytaglist.com and associated Web service?
We will not charge anything for the online service as long as we are in business. It costs us very little to run the servers. We will soon set up a mytaglist.com server clone (mytaglist.net) at UK and European orders will connect to this server for faster response time.
One reason our product is set up this way, is to prevent competitors from copying our product. Our hardware will be easy to replicate, especially by large companies specializing in consumer electronics. However, years of hard work has gone into the firmware and server side software development. By providing server side software in the form of web-service, we can prevent competitors from quickly developing similar products.
Alexander
yjb

Post by yjb »

Moskus wrote:
However, I see they operate on 433 MHz. Wonder how much they will influence my RFXCOM setup...
Well, if it operates on 433Mhz I'm wondering if RFXcom could interface with these sensors.

I'm thinking to order a couple of them and get them shipped to my Hotel when I'm in the USA (late October).
wwolkers

Post by wwolkers »

Certainly looks like a nice product!

I'm also wondering about interference on the 433 band, but I guess I'll just order one and play around with it.
Moskus
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Moskus »

yjb wrote:Well, if it operates on 433Mhz I'm wondering if RFXcom could interface with these sensors.
That would've been cool!
But just because the frequency is 433MHz doesn't necessarily mean RFXCOM can read it.
yjb wrote:I'm thinking to order a couple of them and get them shipped to my Hotel when I'm in the USA (late October).
Great! Let us know! :)
HSPro 2.5.0.60, X10 CM11, Z-wave Aeon Stick2, RFXCOM, Script Connector, BT connector, DI Connector, DooNetwork, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLicon, DenonAVR, WebcamXP, Jon00s MaxiBee and Webpage builder
yjb

Post by yjb »

Quick update:
Just got my tags, I can't really start playing with them until I'm back home.

Regarding possible interference: One can set the frequency of the sensors between 431.04Mhz and 439.36Mhz. There is also an option to adjust the datarate between (9.6/20.3/38.4 Kbps). The latter will have an effect on the estimated transmission range and battery life).
Willem4ever
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Willem4ever »

I'm currently looking into these products it operates at 2.4 Ghz and it is complete open source. My current setup consists of 3 tags and 1 OpenBeacon-PoE-II EasyReader.

Return to “Off Topic”