crime detection

Forum All about Webcams, IP Camera's & Camera's (hardware, software, pan tilt zoom etc).

Moderator: Esteban

Henk

crime detection

Post by Henk »

My mother in law (95) is living on her own recently she is missing money from her purse/wallet and likely one of the employees delivering care is stealing.
What kind of technique is available to detect and register this ?
I have some ideas but interested to hear the ideas of this forum and it should be as simple as possible.
Henk
Phaeton
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Phaeton »

i would take a wireless cam, hide it and record it. i wouldn't confront the person, but take the images to the police and let them handle it.
Esteban
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: crime detection

Post by Esteban »

- For 'easy', one of those cameras recording to SD is probably the simplest solution. Imho, hiding might not even be necessary as their presence might already be a deterrent.
- Paying everything with PIN as to not have money in the house (alhough that might not be an option)
- Access control, a personal RFID key for all people attending her. That way you can see who's been in the house and when.
Henk

Post by Henk »

AshaiRey

Post by AshaiRey »

For 'easy', one of those cameras recording to SD is probably the simplest solution. Imho, hiding might not even be necessary as their presence might already be a deterrent.
Look that's a nice camera. It's worth more then the few euro's i got now from the drawer.
Let's take it also. I might contains evidence of me picking some low hanging fruits.
So my advise would be hiding that camera otherwise the blame you for giving opertunity :?
Bram
Esteban
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Esteban »

There's vandalproof SD cameras available as well. :) They'd have to make quite a ruckus to take those with them. At which point it would become closer to a burglary/robbery than an inconspicuous opportunity theft.

And if it's that likely they'll take it away, you could still combine it with an off-site NAS for uploading a constant stream of images to.

Return to “Webcams & Camera Stuff Forum”