JeeNode for Homeseer with 8 digital inputs

All about Arduino, Jeenode and other Clones (hardware & Software)

Moderator: Mdamen

PBG
Starting Member
Starting Member

JeeNode for Homeseer with 8 digital inputs

Post by PBG »

Hello I am a newbie on the JeeNode front,

I ordered some hardware and have been tinkering for some weeks now, with the help of example files i have managed to make small changes to them and have some working projects.
I am learning every day, butt i am no skilled programmer so many things are still a mystery to me.

For a project i would like to send 8 digital inputs to HomeSeer, i found the sketch "JeeNode_for_homeSeer_4DigiIn" that Digit created for esschenk.
That works great for 4 inputs, only i need 8.
Is it possible to use the analog inputs from the 4 ports also, in that case i will have my 8 digital inputs?

Has anyone done something like this?, i would appreciate some help how to program that.

Regards, Peet
mhn

Re: JeeNode for Homeseer with 8 digital inputs

Post by mhn »

If it's an "Arduino", maybe you can use Greigs script? http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=157239

It's in beta right now, but I really like it. :-) I have been using it for a while.

With Greigs script you just need to upload an .ino with a few lines changed and connect to the COM port. Greig has taken care of the rest.

Regards
Morten
PBG
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by PBG »

@Morten,

My configuration is a Jeelink attached to Homeseer, and a JeeNode for collecting the I/O signals, so no Arduino hard-wire connected to Homeseer

I have read the forum post you pointed out, it looks interesting and i have a Arduino Uno laying around somewhere, so i will try this option for sure.

But i am charmed by the concept of wireless interaction between the Jeenode/Jeelink and Homeseer, so i hope i can solve it within the JeeNode.

Regards, Peet
PBG
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by PBG »

I have found the answer :D
I am definitely a newbie, the answer could be found in the documentation of Arduino/JeeNode all along :oops: , however it is a little bit confusing because of the different way of port numbering between Arduino and JeeNode.

For anyone interested (most of you already know this of course)
An Anolog port can be used as a Digital port by adding 14 to the portnumber (for instance: Analog port A0 (Arduino way) can also be used as Digital port D14)

So know everything is working like a charm and i have my 8 digital inputs present in Homeseer

Peet
nawikre

Post by nawikre »

i started with this a while ago, but stil does not work correctly....can you post the sketch 'JeeNode_for_homeSeer_4DigiIn'. I used the one that was in the folder that was used during the workshop....but that one is so old that i think it does not work as it should..

thanks
greetz,

Iwan

Return to “Raspberry, Arduino, Cubietruck and other clones Forum”