Why use group commands on interfaces (DIX1/AIX)?

Forum about Xanura, Eaton Holec and Marmitek and other brand X10 and A10 devices.
markv
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by markv »

<font face="Trebuchet MS"></font id="Trebuchet MS"><font color="navy"></font id="navy">The Xanura installation instructions (stappenplan) tell that the inferfaces DIX1 and AIX must be programmed with the features "all lights on" en "all units off" in case the actors in that room are programmed that way. What is the reason for doing this? On the other end they explicitly mention that DIX2 interfaces must NOT be programmed with the features "all lights on" en "all units off"?

In the same installation instructions no explanation can be found?!?[V]

So, the question is:
What's the use in programming interfaces with the features "all lights on" en "all units off", what do interfaces do when they recieve this signals. For example: Do they repeat the "all light on" command when they recieve one?!?

MarkV
Consultant
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Consultant »

When the actuator changes the state due to an groupcommand, the interface that controls the actuator will change state as well, when you programm the interface accordingly. So for example when you would have an actuator on A1 and responding to Group commands and you would switch the actuator on with All Lights On, the actuator will switch on. If you haven't programmed the interface for Groupscommands and you try to switch Off the light, the interface will send an On command instaed of the wished Off command. What you infact do is telling the interface to change state when the contolled actor changes state with a group command.
[:)]
Consultant
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Consultant »

Sorry I forgot to mention that a DIX2 module doesn't change state because it has a fixed on and off position. (On and Off are on different wires, on the DIX1 and AIX the ON/OFF is on the same wire so the module changes its internal state in the toggle mode)When you want to switch on or off you can press the appropriate button.

I hope this explanation helps.[;)]
markv
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by markv »

Stupid me [|)] ! Could have known that ! I only use DIX2 interfaces, so I don't have to configure the group commands at all! Clear to me, thank you for the answer...

MarkV

Return to “X10, A10 Xanura Marmitek Forum”