Philips Hue Control Script

Alles m.b.t. de Homeseer Philips Hue HS3 Plugin van Willem Eradus (Dutch Forum)

Moderator: Willem4ever

christiand

Re: Philips Hue Control Script

Post by christiand »

Sounds interesting. Will the plugin also be compatible withe homeseer 3?
bartbakels
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by bartbakels »

Christian,

This week I started again working on this application. communication with the HUes is setup, however this information needs to be send to homeseer and viceversa. For this i will use the homeseer dll interface. I have done this before for use in a labview application that connects several homemade DAQs to homeseer and this works quite reliable.

So it will take some time before I can release a prebeta for testing. first version will not be more than an control and readout of hue statusses. I dont think i will migrate to homeseer 3. Not sure yet.

regards

Bart
Software: HS3, HStouch, Plugwise , BLBackup, BLLatestImage, Zwave, JowiHUE, PHlocation, Netcam, Harmony Plugin, ThinkingCleaner, HSPhone, Eneco Toon Script, Pushover, Visonic Powermax LV Interface

(ON ESXI )on NUC
vanisher

Post by vanisher »

Hi Bart,

Any updates on the HS3 adventure yet?
bartbakels
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by bartbakels »

hi,

Not sure yet, im needing several plugins that are not yet ported, such as plugwise, fritz eand visonic.

regarding the hue app, 1 month ago i did some succesfull testing with subroutines but no further development at the moment. to busy at work and at home (puppy time ;))

At this moment i still use the scripts that I made to controll my hues. They can be found on this domoticaforum

Regards

Bart Bakels
Software: HS3, HStouch, Plugwise , BLBackup, BLLatestImage, Zwave, JowiHUE, PHlocation, Netcam, Harmony Plugin, ThinkingCleaner, HSPhone, Eneco Toon Script, Pushover, Visonic Powermax LV Interface

(ON ESXI )on NUC
christiand

Post by christiand »

The jon00 philips hue script is ported to Homeseer 3 and I have it working under de latestest homeseer 3 betas.
bartbakels
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by bartbakels »

hi,

Im also experimenting with HS3, but cannot get Jon00`s application to work, probably a NET issue. if time permits me i will continue my Labview implementation probably for HS3.

regards

bart

(ON ESXI )on NUC
vanisher

Post by vanisher »

What's your problem with jon00 solution? I had a few myself but now it's working.
Willem4ever
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Willem4ever »

What kind of control are we after, simple on/off brightness 0-255 / Simple predefined colours - or do we want all the advanced features of the iPhone/iPad app. I think the first should be easy to implement the latter would be difficult.
christiand

Post by christiand »

Jon00 scripts still works. To switch on/off lights you have to use the script with commands in scenes. The script does create a device for each light bulb, but its a status only device. It would be nice if the script created on/off devices at least.
Willem4ever
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Willem4ever »

I have at the moment a very basic HS3 plugin which can switch hue's on/off and dim and set hue/saturation/brightness or colour temperature / brightness for the selected hue.

No fancy GUI to set colours but just simple sliders. It was hacked together in a couple of hours, so there is still a lot do !
Willem4ever
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Willem4ever »

Here are some screenshots for the upcoming HUE HS3 plugin ….
Screen Shot 2013-12-09 at 18.28.10.png
Screen Shot 2013-12-09 at 18.28.10.png (164.06 KiB) Viewed 22870 times
Screen Shot 2013-12-09 at 18.28.31.png
Screen Shot 2013-12-09 at 18.28.31.png (39.72 KiB) Viewed 22870 times
Screen Shot 2013-12-09 at 18.28.43.png
Screen Shot 2013-12-09 at 18.28.43.png (49.77 KiB) Viewed 22870 times
1) It will automatically detect the lights and add then to homeseer
2) Support for multiple bridges (in my case there is a Philips HUE bridge and a Dresden Electronics) - each bridge can have their own api-key
3) Virtually unlimited custom presets (you can build a colour with your iPhone/iPad app and 'copy' to Homeseer
4) Pre-defined presets - 5 at the moment but easy to expand.

Todo

1) configurable bridges and username (api-key)
2) Event support with selectable preset.

Requires .NET 4.5 and JSON.NET
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

Plugin looks very nice, I hope Santa is sweet and gives me one :-)
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s
Willem4ever
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Willem4ever »

Yeah, following the Homeseer tradition with plenty of bugs hahaha - as soon as the configuration part is ready an alpha version will be released.
bartbakels
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by bartbakels »

Hi willem,

look great.

I stalled my development due to API compatibility of HS3 with labview (NET issue) and i use jon00 app. But I have some issues (speed) with jon00 app. I still want to control the device directly from the device and no scripting or events needed. So kep up the great work willem.

thanks

(ON ESXI )on NUC
Willem4ever
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Willem4ever »

I added some more functionality, you can now set a device using a preset ...
Screen Shot 2013-12-12 at 21.17.53.png
Screen Shot 2013-12-12 at 21.17.53.png (98.53 KiB) Viewed 22792 times

Return to “Homeseer Philips Hue - Plugin HS3”