Philips Hue Control Script

Alles m.b.t. de Homeseer Philips Hue HS3 Plugin van Willem Eradus (Dutch Forum)

Moderator: Willem4ever

bartbakels
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Re: Philips Hue Control Script

Post by bartbakels »

hi willem,

looking good!, Will it also support transistions/animations, and save last state?

thnx

Bart
Software: HS3, HStouch, Plugwise , BLBackup, BLLatestImage, Zwave, JowiHUE, PHlocation, Netcam, Harmony Plugin, ThinkingCleaner, HSPhone, Eneco Toon Script, Pushover, Visonic Powermax LV Interface

(ON ESXI )on NUC
Willem4ever
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Willem4ever »

Last state is saved - at the moment struggling to get it to work properly with another manufacturers bridge (it works but not always as expected) subtle changes the way devices are controlled and so on.
With transitions I assume you mean transition-time, which can be easily added. If not please explain what you are after. Animations are not yet planned and to get those implemented properly it would mean I have to rework some parts the code, but I was already planning on reworking that anyway :-)
bartbakels
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by bartbakels »

For example i use them for blinking d during an active housealarm. This is standard functionalitiy however you have to define blink times. It would be great to blink until a stop command is given.
Other hing that i use is my own wakeup light script. This is done by the standaard transistiontime function of the hue.
Btw looking for some additional hues ;) yesterday my bloom broke, great excuse to buy some more hues ;)

Regards bart
Software: HS3, HStouch, Plugwise , BLBackup, BLLatestImage, Zwave, JowiHUE, PHlocation, Netcam, Harmony Plugin, ThinkingCleaner, HSPhone, Eneco Toon Script, Pushover, Visonic Powermax LV Interface

(ON ESXI )on NUC
christiand

Post by christiand »

Willem4ever it looks great so far. Is the plugin independent or does it use a separate windows applicatiebeheer like jon00?
Willem4ever
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Willem4ever »

It talks directly to the bridge(s) you have and only depends on Json.NET and DotNet 4.0
vanisher

Post by vanisher »

I would be glad to help you out with testing :) i have a combination of Hue and Livingcollors.
christiand

Post by christiand »

If you want another beta tester, maybe I can be of help also.

Currently I have 5 hue e27, 4 living whites and a living color iris.
bartbakels
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by bartbakels »

Same here, would love 2 help. Setup consists of 7 hues, 2 LCs and 1 livingwhite.

Regards

Bart

(ON ESXI )on NUC
Willem4ever
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Willem4ever »

Thanks guys, I will keep it in mind, I was planning to have something ready by the end of the year, but unfortunately I was not able to spend my holidays/vacation as I planned on the hobby (My SO had other plans :-( ) I'm also thinking of changing the plug-in to multi-instance to support multiple bridges instead of my current implementation (need it, I have to bridges).
bartbakels
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Philips Hue Control Script for HS3

Post by bartbakels »

dear All,

In the meanwhile while waiting on willems plugin :P, I created a new control script to control HUES from HS3. It autoadds all available HUES and a All HUES control device.

You have to manually create 3 events which will ;

- register HS3 and create the devices
- update the HUE statusses (only brightness) - recurring every x Min.
- set HUEs to desired Homeseer HUE state (only brightness) - on Devicechange

My question, are there people interested in this script, to control their HUE, LC and LW devices? If so I will post it.

P.S. I also use Jon00s solution, but it somehow has a lag of about 5-8 seconds before a command is carried out. We still dont know why I have this issue. so thats why I converted and cleanedup my old solution.

Regards

Bart

(ON ESXI )on NUC
Akatar

Post by Akatar »

i'm not running hs3, so i use you're "old" script
bartbakels
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by bartbakels »

Update,

Jon00 send me a beta version of his updated hue plugin/app and this solves the lag in the old setup of his solution. In addition he also gave us the ability to have buttons on the deices for everything u like. On, off red, blue, etc.

So to be honest i dont going to develop my script any further.

Bart

(ON ESXI )on NUC
christiand

Post by christiand »

bartbakels wrote:Update,

Jon00 send me a beta version of his updated hue plugin/app and this solves the lag in the old setup of his solution. In addition he also gave us the ability to have buttons on the deices for everything u like. On, off red, blue, etc.

So to be honest i dont going to develop my script any further.

Bart
That sounds like a great update from Jon00. That is the only think that is really missing from his solution and that is on/off color buttons in the interface. Is he going to release this new version soon?
bartbakels
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by bartbakels »

hi cristiansand.

I think he will. I could ask him. The buttons work via a ini. In the ini you could create buttons for each device (default is on and off), for example red, then this button will send the command (1,0,255,x) via the PH global variable.

However there is still one downside, and thats a bug in HS3 I guess. It ussed the addscriptbuttopn function, which i also use in some of my scripts since .64. However these buttons are visible in HStouch, when you select one of them it always triggers the same button. (e.g. when u press red it triggers on and when u press magenta it also triggers the on action) but in the webbrwoser its function fine. I openend a bug for this

regards

Bart

(ON ESXI )on NUC
Dylantje

Post by Dylantje »

is this perhasp working on Domoticz, with perl,bash or lua?

Return to “Homeseer Philips Hue - Plugin HS3”