Fibaro universal sensor & Itron cyble sensor (watermeter)

Forum all about Z-Wave Fibaro
Rutger

Fibaro universal sensor & Itron cyble sensor (watermeter)

Post by Rutger »

Two weeks ago a water flood came into my basement and and murdered my RFXMETER :(
So no registered watermeasurement untill that day. I've now the Itron Cyble sensor on my watermeter (are compatible with each other). I bought it in Germany, a lot cheaper than here in NL :D
I bought the Fibaro univeral sensor (FGBS-001) with can handle dry contact measurements.
The Cyble sensor has 2 wire output:, 1 signal, 1 ground.

I connected the signal from the Cyble to INT-1 of the Fibaro (yellow cable).
The 9V powersupply is connected to the Fibaro, where it's ground is also connected to the ground of the Cyble sensor. The plus and minus are measured, so no wrong current on the contacts.
Same principle as the topic with the doorbell, only difference is that I have one input device instead of two.

I don't receive any signals on the Fibaro. I poll very regarly, say every 5 seconds, but no input in Homeseer2.

I measured the Cyble with an Ohm meter, and that works fine with the pulses (1 liter = 1 pulse).

I tried also the Cyble on Fibaro INT-2, but that is also a no-go.
I've no parameter set for the device in Homeseer, so standard configuration.

Anyone tips?

Can I test the Fibaro with different "home-garden-kitchen" equipment?
My home automation blog: https://rutg3r.com
raymonvdm

Re: Fibaro universal sensor & Itron cyble sensor (watermeter)

Post by raymonvdm »

You can just close the circuit by connecting the IN1 or IN2 to ground. (I cannot find the color marking in the manual).

http://static.smartronix.nl/Files/4/150 ... 8v957k.pdf

I think your problem is that the universal sensor is not notifying to HomeSeer ( I have had issues with that to) and the poll of every 5 seconds is not often enough because you`re pulse is not 5 seconds long and therefore you will miss it
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s
Rutger

Post by Rutger »

I connected it like in the attached picture. Poll frequency is yesterday changed to the lowest value, 1 second. The result since then are 3 devicevalue changes.
The pulse from the Cyble sensor is 65ms. When I use a lot of water, it took more than 2 seconds the generate 1 pulse on the watermeter.
Polling every second should be enough to receive the zwave data. Maybe the pulse from the Cyble is too short?

Maybe a doorsensor, which have also a binary input, is a better solution? Maybe there is no solution is this case and I have to search for something else...?
Attachments
FGBS-ItronCyble.png
FGBS-ItronCyble.png (135.68 KiB) Viewed 12295 times
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

I still think that this module is
not suitable for this solution. Polling every second
will definitly slow down / kill your z-wave network. And you will mis a lot of pulses if the pulse is only 65ms
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s
Rutger

Post by Rutger »

The cyble sensor pulse itself is 65ms, but the watermeter give for every liter water 1 pulse. If every liter water took appr. 2 seconds to generate the pulse, then the polling of every 1 second should be enough to pickup that data was my idea..
But yes, my thoughts were also that one of the sensors isn't suitable in my configuration.

Is it possible to use one of the sensors from the RFXMETER with the Fibaro? The sensor has to read only that grey reflective pulse giving rad, same as the Cyble sensor does, or has the rfxsensor some power needed from the RFXMETER?
Henk

Post by Henk »

I had a similar situation but in my case i was interested to connect a wind meter to the Zwave system. Depending on de windspeed it may generated 30-50 pulses per second .... too much to be handled by the Zwave system
I'm considering a little electronic circuit .... the pulses will be counted by a binary counter and at fixed time interval the counter will be reset by a timer (555)_ If the number of pulses will reach a certain level it will trigger the binary Zwave I/O module before the timer will clear it ...

In your case you need only the counter so you will get a pulse at every 2 - 4 - 8 - 16 or higher liters water.

Henk
Rutger

Post by Rutger »

For instance the Fibaro doorsensor have also a binary input. You can't use the magnet anymore but it will trigger on any (..hopefully..) input and also important: it send a message. So polling should not be necessary. Maybe this could solve my problem instead of create a PCB with counter etc? In case of the many triggers I could use a seperate powersupply.
mhn

Post by mhn »

The Fibaro RGBW has 4 analog inputs and seems to report to Homeseer.

Return to “Fibaro”