Fibaro switch FGS211 comes to live!

Forum all about Z-Wave Fibaro
mrqnapper

Fibaro switch FGS211 comes to live!

Post by mrqnapper »

Hi,

Last year I installed a Fibaro switch FGS211 into a wall switch "hotel schakeling". Until last week this set-up has been working great. As off that time, the Fibaro started to live. It's switching on and off on it's own. It will only stop switching, after pushing the off button in Hstouch. Also it responds to the wall switch but not when it starts it's own on and off behaviour.
Has anyone experienced this behaviour? What could be the cause? Might it already be broken, after one year?

Your advise will be appreciated. Thanks.

Wiechert
uAlex73

Re: Fibaro switch FGS211 comes to live!

Post by uAlex73 »

It also continues when HomeSeer is off/shutdown?
DomotiGa / Z-Wave / RFXCom / Visonic PowerMaster / Home Assistant / Zigbee2MQTT / DSMR Reader / Toon1 (rooted)
mrqnapper

Post by mrqnapper »

Hi,

tried that, and surprisingly it works as it should. On when switching the light-switch and off again when using the other wall switch. When on it stays on without strange on and off switching. So? Looks like Homeseer is messing things up here ? :)
Than started Homeseer again and wow, looks like it's still working as it should be. Now lets see if it stays like this over time :)

So thanks for your hint uAlex73
airox

Post by airox »

My experience is that the device is default configured to switch on/off when it receives an z-wave ALARM frame.
This could be because of some door-sensor which is removed or not attached suffienctly anymore (which was my case).

It took me some time to find this as well :-)

Hopefully this is also your case...
Ruud
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Ruud »

I had the same isue, because of the water in the elektricaltube there was some " lekstroom" that triggert de fgs211. I had to replace the blacklead and problem solved. after inspection of the black lead the plastic was weakend.

Gr Ruud
Ruud (rualblas)

Return to “Fibaro”