Aeon 4-in-1, IR-sensor "becoming" a thermometer?

Forum all about Z-Wave Fibaro
Harlin

Aeon 4-in-1, IR-sensor "becoming" a thermometer?

Post by Harlin »

This issue is also found on fibaro´s forum (http://forum.fibaro.com/viewtopic.php?p=28740#28740)

Basically, an Aeon 4-in-1 sensor is changing its functionality in HC2, the IR-sensor is classified as a thermometer in HC2.

Got similair and other weird behavior om the aeon 4-in-1 sensor, however the sensors are not very accurate, I like the concept. Device against te wall and a nice readout of the designated area. I use them on USB power and latest firmware.

I had the issue, passive IR turned into a temperature sensor or the temperature sensor is missing from the device menu in HC2. In both situations there is no special event / alarm or other trigger. Happens every few days, 4 ~ 5 days.

I guess its HC2 related because in the device tree with the slave devices the T is shown correctly (and readout)

Temperature seems to exist in slave menu.

When this happens the device becomes inacurate, movement detected when nobody is present in the room. Movement icon is shown until the device is reconfigured. Or when there is movement, nothing is detected.

Powercycle and/or reconfiguring doesn't work, all settings are factory default. The only solution is to remove and add the device again and they work for a few days. Complete useless in this setup, you can't depend on it. Got 3 sensors, and all sensors go crazy.

Got another motion sensor SP814 is battery powered and placed outside, this device is working like a charm. No false alarms, no failures (no slave devices also)
--
If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, ....
martynwendon
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: Aeon 4-in-1, IR-sensor "becoming" a thermometer?

Post by martynwendon »

Definitely sounds like a Fibaro HC2 issue regarding the GUI craziness - but from what I gather it doesn't seem to do it for all the Aeon 4in1 sensors, just some of them? Very strange.

I'm interested in your comment "however the sensors are not very accurate" - what makes you say that? I use a number of them with a MiCasaVerde Vera and find them to be very accurate, temperature, humidity and light level all comparable accuracy to other sensors I use. The PIR suffers occasionally from false positives, but once fine tuned (there's a host of parameters that can be set) they seem ok to me!
Martyn Wendon
Vesternet
Harlin

Re: Aeon 4-in-1, IR-sensor "becoming" a thermometer?

Post by Harlin »

martynwendon wrote:Definitely sounds like a Fibaro HC2 issue regarding the GUI craziness - but from what I gather it doesn't seem to do it for all the Aeon 4in1 sensors, just some of them? Very strange.
All Aeon 4 in 1 sensors got this problem at home. quite sure its Fibaro related (and annoying :) )
I'm interested in your comment "however the sensors are not very accurate" - what makes you say that? I use a number of them with a MiCasaVerde Vera and find them to be very accurate, temperature, humidity and light level all comparable accuracy to other sensors I use. The PIR suffers occasionally from false positives, but once fine tuned (there's a host of parameters that can be set) they seem ok to me!
Not very accurate as in "the readings are ok but not great. It fits its purpose" was an article / posting about the real values (temperature, humidity, lux) and what Aeon 4 in 1 says.
--
If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, ....

Return to “Fibaro”