Tutorials on how to create a gui using CommandFusion iViewer

Forum about Domotiga Open Source Home Automation for Linux.

Moderator: RDNZL

thechad
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: Tutorials on how to create a gui using CommandFusion iViewer

Post by thechad »

Hi, whizzkey,

Thanks for the post.

I suspect you are using an old version of DomotiGa :)
The code was changed a while ago to send a 1 or a 0 for on and off for "switch" and "dimmable" devices.
There have also been a number of other improvements.

With the move to github, the upgrade process has changed (but is still just as easy!).
You can get the iunstructions here. http://www.domotiga.nl/projects/domotig ... Ga_Upgrade

All that said, I am glad you got it working in your version as Regex is black magic to my mind!
Fortunately guiDesigner has a regex tester inbuilt...I also use this site http://regexpal.com for testing.

Oh, and there should be some exciting changes on the way too. We are in the final stages of moving interface over to jsonrpc over "raw" tcp, which will do away with the need for the iViewer interface altogether and make it even easier to interface DomotiGa and iViewer.
Mediacj
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Mediacj »

thechad wrote:Hi, whizzkey,
Oh, and there should be some exciting changes on the way too. We are in the final stages of moving interface over to jsonrpc over "raw" tcp, which will do away with the need for the iViewer interface altogether and make it even easier to interface DomotiGa and iViewer.
Wow that would be great!

I already purchased the Iviewer lite version so now I can use more then one page :D

I am still in the stage of connecting my devices to Domotiga and Iviewer but it is fun to learn so much on the different disciplines you can use to make it al work.
Mediacj
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Mediacj »

Hi Thechad any News on the jsonrpc interface for iViewer?
thechad
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by thechad »

Hi mediacj,

As I understand it, it's partly there in the latest release...but still very Beta and undocumented. So you can connect now and send jsonrpc commands to DomotiGa over raw tcp.

Importantly though, the real time status updates back to iViewer are yet to be coded.

I am doing the iViewer side (not the domotiga code) and the guys are very buys (just look at all the changes in the latest release) so we'll just need to be patient :)

Also, I have very limited time at the moment, so there may also be some delays on the iViewer side.

cheers.

Return to “DomotiGa Forum”