what must i do...keep harmony or get pronto

Pop your questions regarding Home automation software here.....
nawikre

what must i do...keep harmony or get pronto

Post by nawikre »

Hi there,

i have a harmony 1100 and love this thing...BUT i want to integrate it with HS3 so that i can control my home with one remote. I can buy a pronto tsu 9600 for not much, but i do not have any experiance with the pronto and HS3.

Can soneone tell me what to do.......can i stay with harmony 1100 and buy a small rf unit or IR blaster (have no idea what i need to make control with hS3 possible)

hope someone can help me with this.

Iwan
greetz,

Iwan
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: what must i do...keep harmony or get pronto

Post by Digit »

My choice would be the TSU9600, without any doubt. It's the best remote I've ever seen. It's also the most customizable remote I've ever seen because with Prontoscript you can program it to look the way you want it to, do the things you want it to do the way you want it to. No limits.
I even bought a spare TSU9600 recently, because I wouldn't know what to do without it.

I don't know if there's a solution to let TSU9600 interact with HS though, but it would surprise me if this hasn't been done before.
nawikre

Post by nawikre »

thanks for the input...my biggest thing is to make it work with HS......I do not want to spend money on another remote that will maybe not work with HS
greetz,

Iwan
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Digit »

Well, I guess all you have to do is some serious searching :wink:
nawikre

Post by nawikre »

already found some options with HS plugin Protonic or something like that...
greetz,

Iwan
bartbakels
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by bartbakels »

Hi,

Downside of the pronto, its not being made anymore. I own a harmony ultimate which i also absolute love. And its possible to interface in hs3 in the future. I made some tests with scripts and somebody is creating a hs3 plugin for the hub.

Regards

Bart
Software: HS3, HStouch, Plugwise , BLBackup, BLLatestImage, Zwave, JowiHUE, PHlocation, Netcam, Harmony Plugin, ThinkingCleaner, HSPhone, Eneco Toon Script, Pushover, Visonic Powermax LV Interface

(ON ESXI )on NUC
nawikre

Post by nawikre »

I bought the pronto tsu9600 for E150,00

hopefully not a bad buy....
greetz,

Iwan
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Digit »

Not at all, that's a very good price! :) If you need help programming it just let me know 8)
nawikre

Post by nawikre »

Robert, i will inspect it and try first...then ask....Bt you are the expert so you will here from me...

thanks

Iwan
greetz,

Iwan
bartbakels
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by bartbakels »

Hi,

Im using the harmony ultimate + Hub, working great. And plugins are comming for HS3 in the future. Json based interfacing is possible

regards

Bart
Software: HS3, HStouch, Plugwise , BLBackup, BLLatestImage, Zwave, JowiHUE, PHlocation, Netcam, Harmony Plugin, ThinkingCleaner, HSPhone, Eneco Toon Script, Pushover, Visonic Powermax LV Interface

(ON ESXI )on NUC
Phaeton
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Phaeton »

Hi Bart,

did you manage to send an IR from Homeseer throught the hub? Maybe with a script? Do you have an example, if so?

I'm interested in the remote and hub. And I found this website: https://github.com/jterrace/pyharmony/b ... ROTOCOL.md
sound feasable to implement. Through scripts, maybe plugin. But what I wonder if it already has been done (why invent the wheel twice?)

What I find strange I need a token in the example posted in the protocol. I wonder if I need to do that always of only once. Since I dont like it that I need to access Logitechs servers before making an IR call.
groeten,
Harry
bartbakels
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by bartbakels »

Phaeton,

I did not rty it myself, but several people are working on a solution. see the homeseer board;

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?p=1114990

in addition there is some plugin development for vera. But if i have some time i also want to look into this. Its even possible to query the hub for the current activity and possibly trigger events based on this. If this is the case i would like to expand to 2 extra hubs, to also control my airco units and the av equipment in the bedroom.

regards

Bart

(ON ESXI )on NUC

Return to “Questions & Discussions Forum”