home automation - RPi, Arduino, and nRF24L01 network

Pop your questions regarding Home automation software here.....
domusr
Starting Member
Starting Member

home automation - RPi, Arduino, and nRF24L01 network

Post by domusr »

Hello,
I'm interesting in creating something like Mi Casa Verde's home automation platform, but instead of using their system, recreate the same functionality with a Raspberry Pi and Arduino. I'm wondering if something like this already exists?

The system would have Android apps that display sensor data as well as provide an interface to actuate buttons (turn on relays at home, move stepper motors, etc). The Raspberry Pi would be the server that the Android apps connect to, as well as the controller that runs automation scrips (i.e. scenes). The Raspberry Pi communiates with field sensors via wireless nRF24L01 links. The field devices would be Arduinos with nRF24L01's and cheap temperature/water/presence sensors.

I've looked into the Open Remote project, but I don't know of a way to connect Arduinos to the Open Remote server running on the RPi. I'm looking into this rather than the Vera3 solution because Arduinos are cheap and flexible, adding new sensors is simple and inexpensive.

Hoping for some project guidance.
raymonvdm

Re: home automation - RPi, Arduino, and nRF24L01 network

Post by raymonvdm »

I found this when searching for OpenHAB and Arduino
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s

Return to “Questions & Discussions Forum”