Address range Xanura

Forum about Xanura, Eaton Holec and Marmitek and other brand X10 and A10 devices.
thewall
Starting Member
Starting Member

Address range Xanura

Post by thewall »

Dear members, a newbie around, please be aware[:)]

We are coming from Marmitek but decided to move upward to Xanura. It all looks pretty the same but it seems that Xanura has a professional angle. What we would like to know is how the addresses on Xanura ar divided. In Marmitek you had house-codes (A to P) and within a housecode the 16 adresses. This limited you, in a practical sense, to 16 different addresses.

Are the 256 addresses on Xanura also divided into 16 housecodes blocks? Can you, without any additional hardware, reach all the 256 adresses?

Thanks,__Frank
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Address range Xanura

Post by Bwired »

Hi Frank,
Welcome on the forum!
The Address range of Xanura is exactly the same as Marmitek.
The brands are fully compatible to each other.
Regards.Pieter
thewall
Starting Member
Starting Member

Address range Xanura

Post by thewall »

Hi Pieter,

Thanks for your prompt response. Still Im wondering. I know the systems are compatible, thats why Im a bit concerned here. I have a Marmitek Tranciever Module (TM13). On this module I have to set a manual switch to which housecode it should respond. In other words, if I set my TM13 on housecode A, i can only address 16, for example, dimmers via this TM13 (ie remote control or IR sensors)

I have the impressions that with Xanuras RF module RFIX35 the hard switch isnt there, so I <b>presume </b>that there is no limitation of a hardwired housecode like the TM13 has. If the RFIX35 can respond to any of the housecodes at the same time, it has much more flexibility than the TM13. Im looking for confirmation of my assumption......[:)]

Regards,__Frank
thewall
Starting Member
Starting Member

Address range Xanura

Post by thewall »

**** presume should be assume. Sorry,__Frank
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Address range Xanura

Post by Bwired »

yep you are right about that!
manual at: http://www.bwired.nl/images/how/rfix35.pdf
And the rfix35 can even do secure RF with 8 remotes.

Return to “X10, A10 Xanura Marmitek Forum”