Night-light for Alarm status?

Forum about Xanura, Eaton Holec and Marmitek and other brand X10 and A10 devices.
DJF3
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by DJF3 »

Hi,

In my bedroom I would like to have a small 'night-light' that tells me about potential security concerns. The small light should turn on when (for example):

-Motion is detected in the living room after 01:00
-Doors are being opened after 01:00
-etc.

Would this work with a Marmitek LM12? (because of the low energy consumption)

Thanks
DJ
drmacchi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by drmacchi »

If , it's an ALWAYS ON it should work, if it's a "Turn-on during power failure" you should do a reverse-setup
Wima

Post by Wima »

When you use the AM12 it will work for sure. But the noise it makes when turning on/off is not appericiated in the bedroom when you are sleeping

Wil

-------------------------------
Even the genious ask questions.
drmacchi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by drmacchi »

Then why use lights and not sounds? If you're in full REM phase , you are not awaked by a low light like that. It should be better an event triggered by movements that plays a wav file or similar
DJF3
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by DJF3 »

Really want to use a light. Just in case I wake-up, not being sure if I heard something. I could check the light and know that:
-the motion sensor in our living room has not detected motion
-the front doors haven't just opened
-etc.

The device will only be turned on in events like this, otherwise it won't. Sound is not an option, it's just used to check out if I need to go downstairs with a baseball bat ;-)

DJ
drmacchi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by drmacchi »

What i use is: HS, blade radar plugin, ms13 sensor and a LCD display over serial. I didn't setup LCd yet, but it should work so: MS13 detects a movement under certain conditions like time, alarm status ecc. , this movemets triggeres blade radar , that splits your house in zones and displays a report over serial to the LCD panel. I'll have my lcd in bedroom without PC , simply connected over lan using a serial server device that reports door/windows opened and zones triggered. i have an alarm system horn that works too! just to be in time to take my M16............. :)

Return to “X10, A10 Xanura Marmitek Forum”