tracking PTZer

Forum All about Webcams, IP Camera's & Camera's (hardware, software, pan tilt zoom etc).

Moderator: Esteban

Katsie
Starting Member
Starting Member

tracking PTZer

Post by Katsie »

Hello,

i am looking for an PTZer that can follow an object, in my case the sun.

i was thinking about a panasonic BLc-10 a cheap PTZer, but i don't know it it can track things......
and i want to restart the start position every day. ( maybe manual tru the webbrowser, but tracking has to be automaticly )

any ideas?

regards, erwin.
Dowser

tracking PTZer

Post by Dowser »

If it's the sun you want to track, and your own possition is static (and not on a boat or something like that) then you don't need tracking.
There are many astronomical charts available for you to use to calculate where the sun is at any given time of day and date, just aim your PTZ there every 5 min or something like that.

//Markus
Katsie
Starting Member
Starting Member

tracking PTZer

Post by Katsie »

Markus,

i am hosting a website with live solar webcam ( in Hydrogen Alpha , means that you see flares on the sun etc etc )
but i would like to broadcast also in an other ''White light'' filter.
this is a filter that shows the sun in orange, and when some activity will be on the sun, then i hope that the cam can see that.
and thats also why i want to let it track, because i want to broadcast as much as possible and , i can not re-aim the camera every 5 mins.

regards, erwin

this is what it look liks with the hydrogen alpha telescope.
drmacchi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

tracking PTZer

Post by drmacchi »

I think that you need a very professional mount with a servomotor able to move as you need, already programmed to move in timings you need. which servo? it depends of your camera's weight first of all. Is weight is high , you should get some servo like these used with weapons :) :)

http://www.paintballsentry.com/instructions.html

Cheers
Katsie
Starting Member
Starting Member

tracking PTZer

Post by Katsie »

well maybe you need to see my website ;)
www.astro-land.net ;)
then photogallery then equipment.

thanks for the website ! ( lol that paintball sentry )

but the only thing i want is a not very high magnification live streamed image of the sun.
if i made the filter on the PTZer, the only thing he can see is the sun, so if the PTZer can track, he will only track the sun i think... but i need to know what cam has that option, and it would be great if its an IP cam.

filter takes 99.4% of the light away

this is what i use.
drmacchi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

tracking PTZer

Post by drmacchi »

May be i didn't understand what you really need, you're looking for a simple ip camera with tracking option? obviosuly this is a ptz cam. So did you check my topic about a 150 euros ip cam with AUTOtracking software for cars/people ?
http://www.domoticaforum.eu/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2113
you can reset camera position , manually or by timings
MindBender
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

tracking PTZer

Post by MindBender »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Katsie</i>
<br />Markus,

i am hosting a website with live solar webcam ( in Hydrogen Alpha , means that you see flares on the sun etc etc )
but i would like to broadcast also in an other ''White light'' filter.
this is a filter that shows the sun in orange, and when some activity will be on the sun, then i hope that the cam can see that.
and thats also why i want to let it track, because i want to broadcast as much as possible and , i can not re-aim the camera every 5 mins.

regards, erwin

this is what it look liks with the hydrogen alpha telescope.
Katsie
Starting Member
Starting Member

tracking PTZer

Post by Katsie »

yeah, nice thats what i mean ;)

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by drmacchi</i>
<br />May be i didn't understand what you really need, you're looking for a simple ip camera with tracking option? obviosuly this is a ptz cam. So did you check my topic about a 150 euros ip cam with AUTOtracking software for cars/people ?
http://www.domoticaforum.eu/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2113
you can reset camera position , manually or by timings
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Return to “Webcams & Camera Stuff Forum”