Marmitek FD10 phase coupler installation

Forum about Xanura, Eaton Holec and Marmitek and other brand X10 and A10 devices.
emkok29
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by emkok29 »

Hello,

I am new to this forum and to X10 devices.
Recently purchased Marmitek switches & module.
The power supply in Malaysia is 240V 50Hz, pretty much the same as UK. Mine is 3 phase supply.
Main power system -> Main fuse -> Meter -> Main switch -> ELCB -> MCB
note : ELCB (earth leakage circuit breaker)
note : MCB (miniature circuit breaker)

I am trying to install Marmitek FD10 phase couplers. Do I install it before or after the ELCB (earth leakage circuit breaker) ? Will it affect ELCB operations ?

Thanks in advance for the advice.

emkok29
Antoon

Post by Antoon »

It must be mounted before the ELCB,but behind the 16A 3 fase fuse.

- Antoon

<h6>
Jfn

Post by Jfn »

Main power system -> Main fuse -> Meter -> Main switch -> <u><i><b>FD10</b></i></u> -> ELCB -> MCB

This is how I mounted the FD10 (3x).

An FD10 is actually a coil, rated for high currents, acting as a choke for high-frequency signals (The higher the frequency, the higher the resistance). The passive coupling of X10 signals is achieved by coupling the 3 phases by nothing more than a capacitor and some other parts.

Btw, any capacitor / resistor inside the FD10 will have gone up in smoke long before the main fuse blows.
Eric J
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Eric J »

I only have Main power system -> Main fuses -> Meter -> NO Main switch -> ELCBs (two in parallel) -> MCBs (divided over these two MCBs).
Going to be hairy to put the stuff in between the meter and the ELCB without the capability to swith off the mains, and to connect to TWO ELCBs..... strange setup.... should I worry?
Eric J
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Eric J »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Eric J</i>
<br />I only have Main power system -> Main fuses -> Meter -> NO Main switch -> ELCBs (two in parallel) -> MCBs (divided over these two MCBs).
Going to be hairy to put the stuff in between the meter and the ELCB without the capability to swith off the mains, and to connect to TWO ELCBs..... strange setup.... should I worry?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Last weekend I installed the phasecouplers. Quite some wiring, luckily it was done by a certified electrician....

All my X-10 devices are now reachable by my remote (easy icon 10rf), my cm15pro and, as I only found out yesterday [:I] by my sc9000 alarm system. Turns out it has a transceiver in it as well....
Result: (I think) multiple returns over the line. Or is this normal? When I turn on logging in activehomepro, usually two commands, sometimes three commands are sent.
Furthermore, sometimes the modules do not respond the first time I press the buttons ..... any help?
Aurelia
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Aurelia »

You could try to switch off the RF receiver of the cm15pro.
Or limit it to e.g. the C address. I had the same problem in the past and used the C address for the cm15pro and the D address for the other receiver.
Eric J
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Eric J »

..... easy solution... thanks!

Return to “X10, A10 Xanura Marmitek Forum”