Network problem

Forum about other Home automation topics which can not be categorized in any other forum. So this needs to be Home automation Domotica related! (otherwise use Off Topic)
phoenixb
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Network problem

Post by phoenixb »

Hi,

I have a strange thing, when i connect my HS server directly to my Linksys WRT54G router or EFAH05W 10/100 hub then i getting a low upload/dowload speed on my HS server (even for local use) but when i connect a simple Asus 10/100 5 port hub then the upload speed is going must better.

What can be the problem, because this extra HUB is not so good for my energy performance ;-)

Grtz,

Re: Network problem

Post by Alexander »

DJ,

First: I will reply to your e-mails this weekend. Sorry for not letting know earlier.
Second: Read this article (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autonegotiation), especially the "Duplex mismatch" part. That is properly the cause of your problem.
Last edited by Alexander on Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: aaaa nice to see that the webserver is already in Daylight Saving Time, not.
Alexander
phoenixb
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by phoenixb »

Hi,

In the first place i think also this is the problem, but the router settings give me the following settings:
Auto-Negotiate: Yes
100 Mbit: Yes
Full-Duplex: Yes

and on the PC:
Link Speed/ Duples Mode: Auto Negotiation

I think this is ok, but i have 1 issue the router is 10/100 and the pc 10/100/1000 can be the probem that de pc whant to work on 1gb?
Grtz,
Global Moderator

Post by Rene »

Just disable autonegotiation at both sides. Autonegotiation is often the cause of these kind of problems. For 1Gbps connection it is required to enable autonegotiation.
Rene.
phoenixb
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by phoenixb »

Thanks it working not without a extra hub ;-)

Return to “Miscellaneous Home Automation topics”