Adjusting HStouchpad scree on Ipad?

Alles m.b.t. HSTtouch (DUTCH forum)

Moderators: TANE, Ruud

chilwd
Starting Member
Starting Member

Adjusting HStouchpad scree on Ipad?

Post by chilwd »

I'm considering buying homeseer and HStouch and downloaded the trailversion with the designer and client module. Enalbed both the iphone and server module in HS.

I spend lots of hours searching but I really cannot figure out how to change the default (demo) screen on HStouchpad on my Ipad. Every change I make with hs-designer results in a *.xml file which can be selected and viewed on my pc but I cant figure out how to make it visible on my ipad.

Any help would be much appreciated!
TANE
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Adjusting HStouchpad scree on Ipad?

Post by TANE »

First connect the iPad to homeseer
This can be done in the iPhone/ iPad settings
Look for the hstouch and enter the correct server ip, usernaam and password.
When the connection is okay you can change the status of the existing devices from the iPad.
From the designer application you can apply the new screens to the iPad using the deploy option
Enver Tanriverdi | http://blog.tane.nl
chilwd
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by chilwd »

Tnx for the help Tane!

The connection with homeseer doesn't cause any problems. It seems that every new screen I make does't want to "deploy" (the button does not do anything). When I start the client locally (or on the ipad) it shows the demo screen.

Tried uninstall/ install etc. nothing seems to work, am I doing something wrong?

Bastiaan

Post by Bastiaan »

May be just overkill but let me add these checks:

On the iPad let de demoscreen run, connected to HS then check on the designer-> deploy if there is an item called default.default or an IP address you haven;t seen before.
Restart the designer if necesary while you make sure your iPad is not going into sleep mode.

Apple device not alsways show up with their right name or IP.

Even if it is the wrong screen, you need to have HStouch on iPad running and connected to be able to deploy. Also check firewall etc on your machines. HS uses special ports like 10002.

Bastiaan
chilwd
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by chilwd »

ok, I'm feeling a little stupid now :oops:

1. started homeseer
2. starten hstouchpad on ipad
3. started designer app and deploy

Worked like a charm. With all my other tries it was 1, 3, 2 whci did not work Sollutions sometimes can be so simple ;)

Tnx for the help, much appreciated!

Return to “Homeseer HStouch Forum”