Android Apps

Forum about other Home automation topics which can not be categorized in any other forum. So this needs to be Home automation Domotica related! (otherwise use Off Topic)
phoenixb
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Android Apps

Post by phoenixb »

Hi,

I have a question (a little bit offtopic).
Is there on this forum some one that somethings know about programming in Eclipse with a Android SDK?
I hear it soon.
Regards,

Re: Android Apps

Post by structor »

I use eclipse to develop an android application to interface with vera... I think I have some screenies posted somewhere here. Note I am not a java programmer, for a living I do .net programming but I can write FOTRAN in most of the computer languages :D
RDNZL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by RDNZL »

I have build some GPS tracker apps in the past for my G1, and now my Nexus One.
Working with Eclipse is great if you know what to do ;-)
You can even build and test apps without having an Android device by using the Emulator.
But uploading, starting en debugging your app directly on your usb connected Android device with just one click works awesome in my opinion.

What do you want to know exactly about Eclipse and Android development?
There is a lot of info on the web about it.
Regards, Ron.
phoenixb
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by phoenixb »

I want to made a app for support during my work.
I have a table that is now on paper a but want to inser this in android with a little logic.
To give an example when a give a value U4 (select from a dropdown list) a predefined text is come out of it.

Now i have already the Gui but i not know how i can made in Eclipse a kind of comparison that the value of 2 variable can give a result.
Forum Moderator

Post by RDNZL »

What also is very interesting is the new AppInventor by Google.

Haven't had an indept look yet (it's invite beta only, just signed up) but it will be released in a few weeks.

Have a look here http://appinventor.googlelabs.com/about/, its more suited to non-developers, since you work with blocks instead of code.
Regards, Ron.
phoenixb
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by phoenixb »

I have already send a request for this kind of solution, but the problem is that google is moving the release date some time's with a few weeks ?!

Post by structor »

>Now i have already the Gui but i not know how i can made in Eclipse a kind of comparison that the value of 2 variable can give a result.
Could you please refrase that question, I've read it twice but still don't know what it is you exactly want to do...

Do you already have the ui part programmed, so you show a dialog box with several values, and want to handle a click on one of those value and do something???
phoenixb
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by phoenixb »

>Now i have already the Gui but i not know how i can made in Eclipse a kind of comparison that the value of 2 variable can give a result.
Could you please refrase that question
Sorry my english is not so good ;-), i send you a pm with the dutch part.

Return to “Miscellaneous Home Automation topics”