dumping H264 or MPEG streams to NAS / strato

Forum All about Webcams, IP Camera's & Camera's (hardware, software, pan tilt zoom etc).

Moderator: Esteban

uutelst
Starting Member
Starting Member

dumping H264 or MPEG streams to NAS / strato

Post by uutelst »

Dear forum members,

Has anyone a script or useful info how to save the videostream from a a M1054 camera directly to a nas or atom pc?
I bought on wrong advise an atom 330 PC to install axis camera station on it in order to record the videostreams of 4 times a M1054.
Pouvre pouvre atom pc.... :lol:

I also bought 3 camera licenses for my DS408 nas from synology but this one also has some difficulties to store all the 4 camera streams with only 10 frames/sec without hickups.....

I want to use the event types on the axis M1054 to dump a videostream to an ftp server when the alarm system is armed and the input contact of the M1054 is closed. This gives also some privacy because nothing is recorded when the alarm is off.

Can anyone help me out with some tips??
drmacchi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Re: dumping H264 or MPEG streams to NAS / strato

Post by drmacchi »

I think that a pvr hardware is the best solution, but you can not connect rj45 cameras. i have 9 cameras recording at 30 fps everyday.
for my four rj45 camera i use snapshoot feature. this creates a 5 snapshoot pictures report for the movement detcted. otherwise you need an i5 core with a lot of ram !!
uutelst
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: dumping H264 or MPEG streams to NAS / strato

Post by uutelst »

drmacchi wrote:I think that a pvr hardware is the best solution, but you can not connect rj45 cameras. i have 9 cameras recording at 30 fps everyday.
for my four rj45 camera i use snapshoot feature. this creates a 5 snapshoot pictures report for the movement detcted. otherwise you need an i5 core with a lot of ram !!
I have found out already :D
The 30fps defenately isn't HD is it??
I only need a setup in the axis cam that dumps the frames to an PC.
Sending them to an emailadress works fine but delivers an enormous mailjunk!! :shock:
I still have some hundreds od unread mails in my inbox of hotmail but it works fine!
Now I have to find out how to dump a stream or pictures (10 pic's per second :D ) to a pc

Return to “Webcams & Camera Stuff Forum”