Marmitek HA810 Home Automation Module

Forum about Xanura, Eaton Holec and Marmitek and other brand X10 and A10 devices.
fraggel
Starting Member
Starting Member

Marmitek HA810 Home Automation Module

Post by fraggel »

Hello,

Does anybody have experience with the Marmitek HA810 Home Automation Module for a ProGuard800 system.
The manuals found on the marmitek website specify some information, but a part referred to in the manual for the setup-menu seems missing.

In the Neterlands we have a company called HomeSafety which installs these Marmitek ProGuard800 systems.
When possible, I want to install this HA810 module in my alarmsystem and switch the system using my RFXCom tranceiver.
Another nice idea would be to have the module sending a signal when motion is detected or doors are opened/closed, regardless whether the alarm is armed or not

I would like to know:
- does this module operate wireless or through the electrical circuit?
- does the module only sends signals, or does it also listen to other signals
- what kind of events (next to a real alarm) can trigger the X10 to submit a signal

Thanks for the help
Peterpc

Re: Marmitek HA810 Home Automation Module

Post by Peterpc »

This module operates through the electrical circuit
it does not listen to X-10 signals, but you can generate on/off by the sensors you have, like motion or door/window sensors. You can also send a X-10 command by SMS if you have the GSM unit installed, or by calling the ProGuard 800 and use DTMF keypad tones. If you have a ProGuard 800 remote, you can also generate X-10 commands. The RF from the remote is secured, so you can't use a general X-10 RF remote.
Peter
http://www.pcgsm.nl/
fraggel
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: Marmitek HA810 Home Automation Module

Post by fraggel »

Thank your for the reply, nice to know that there are possibilities.
Unfortunately I was looking for a wireless option, as i will have to buy another interface to pick up the X-10 signals from the electrical network again.

Return to “X10, A10 Xanura Marmitek Forum”