Receive RF signals on your pc

Forum about Xanura, Eaton Holec and Marmitek and other brand X10 and A10 devices.
KolNedra
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by KolNedra »

Hi there,

i'm new on this forum and got excited using x10 solutions for my new house (which will be ready in about a year).

But untill then I want to get familiar with the x10 possibilities. So I ordered a starterskit with EH-CM15Pro, EH-LM12, EH-AM12 and AutoHome software.
Which should arive today.

I am planning control the whole thing through a touchscreen LCD that would be mounted on a wall. I want to create my own interface. Using Flash / XML / PHP.
The flash application will "talk" to the Apache server (with a PHP module installed) and PHP will run command line commands (http://php-x10.sourceforge.net/). So far nothing to worry about.

But now comes the tricky part; I want to purchase motion detectors in the nearby future. And I want those motiondetectors to "talk" to my control system on the wall through RF-signals.
If I use the attached AutoHome software this wouldn't be a problem (I've read), only I'm using my custom (web)interface.

<b>Here it comes:</b>
Is there a solution to "read" RF-signals on your pc and translate that into (I don't know) text files / xml files?
Or should I try HomeSeer and see if I can make a workaround?

Thanks in advance!
Ruud
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Ruud »

Look at http://www.rfxcom.com/ there you find a solution

grtzzz
KolNedra
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by KolNedra »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by rualblas</i>
<br />Look at http://www.rfxcom.com/ there you find a solution

grtzzz
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Do I still need to purchase such a receiver even when I have this transceiver: CM15Pro (http://www.avdomotica.nl/gfx/CM15_pro_450.jpg)
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

You can receive the RF signals with the CM15pro but only from the compatible devices like the ms13a motion sensor etc. Check the manual for which devices. I don't know the Autohome software, if it's the standard delivered software with the CM15pro then it's better to replace it as soon as possible with software like Homeseer. I think the option with Autohome are limited.
TANE
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TANE »

There is also a RF receiver for the PC.

2-Way RF Receiver CM19E

[img]uploaded/Chak/200887163559_5722.gif.jpg[/img]
KolNedra
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by KolNedra »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Bwired</i>
<br />You can receive the RF signals with the CM15pro but only from the compatible devices like the ms13a motion sensor etc. Check the manual for which devices. I don't know the Autohome software, if it's the standard delivered software with the CM15pro then it's better to replace it as soon as possible with software like Homeseer. I think the option with Autohome are limited.
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

In Homeseer you can script everything.
check this topic http://www.domoticaforum.eu/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=100
KolNedra
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by KolNedra »

ASP? WOOHOO! Ah well, pretty basic stuff.
ASP will be used to write to the database and PHP on the other hand for the reading (php > xml > flash).

Thanks, I'm getting more and more excited on domotica!
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Digit »

Hi Bas,

While reading this topic, the first thought that came to me was: "this sounds like overkill, using Homeseer just to write to a database"
I get the impression you know ASP, you know how to get things done in PHP, you can handle Apache & MySQL, so why get involved in Homeseer?
Add some Perl to what you already know (and some spare time [:D]) and you can do all you want...

Well, maybe a strange advice, but in the end it all comes down to the question whether you're a only a "user" or not. If you're the latter, skip Homeseer and DIY.
KolNedra
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by KolNedra »

Thanks Robert,

I'm currently active as a flash developer in the Netherlands, but I'm "blessed" with some PHP knowledge. So that's why I'm planning on making my own flash interface using a touchscreen TFT which reads a mySQL database and sends commandline x10 commands trough PHP.

The only problem is; how do I get to "read" (for instance motions), so I stumbled upon this (http://www.cocoontech.com/index.php?showtopic=310) and thought: "Hey that's easy, I know PHP. Homeseer works in the background to read, so I only have to merge those two together using DCOM"

About the ASP/PERL:
You're partially correct, I do "know" ASP (the fundamental basics).
PERL on the other hand; I have to start from the absolut basics, I know scratch. Ofcourse I've got some programming background which might help. So maybe in the long run I will switch to the more advanced solution.
But since I am a beginner using domotica and x10 in particular, I think I need to "learn" using the basics and from thereone develop myself.

Thanks for your input!

Return to “X10, A10 Xanura Marmitek Forum”