saix12 fuzziness ?

Forum about Xanura, Eaton Holec and Marmitek and other brand X10 and A10 devices.
acfnews
Starting Member
Starting Member

saix12 fuzziness ?

Post by acfnews »

Hi All,

I am trying to make a rather simple extension of my 'automated home'.
However one of the SAIX12 modules does not seem to work as i expect, or i do something really stupid :-)

This is a discription of my setup for the SAIX12 :
-lightsensor (klemko IBE-12/LI) build in outside light
-lightsensor toggles 220volt, on/off wire connecting purple wire of SAIX12
-SAIX12 is supposed to toggle the garden lighting wire (220 volts)

This is functional:
When programming the SAIX12 as 'wandcontactdoos/wall-outlet' i can command the SAIX12, and garden lights go on/off.

This is my problem:
Reading from the manual, i believe the correct programming should be 'beweginsmelder/motionsensor' to have the unit react to the purple wire also which is his trigger then.
Programming seems to work good, but the SAIX12 does not seem to react correctly on the 220 volts on the purple wire.

What am i doing wrong ?

Grtz,

ron

Xanura HCB, and some interfaces, and loads of wishes...
MindBender
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

saix12 fuzziness ?

Post by MindBender »

Xanura inputs works with both a momentary as a regular switch, without further configuration: Applying or removing power to/from its input <i>toggles</i> the output instead of switching it on or off, just like applying a pulse to the input.

You need a sensor input module, or configure the SAIX12 for a sensor.
acfnews
Starting Member
Starting Member

saix12 fuzziness ?

Post by acfnews »

Hi MindBender,

Thanks for the advise.

Ik configured the SAIX12 as 'bewegingsmelder/motionsensor' and it does seem to work now.

However i did have issues programming the unit.
Before i started (module builded away) it was not responding to any X10 signals. Only after re-programming, the unit works as expected.
Re--programming took me 3 attempts before i got the unit to work in sensor mode.
This is quit typical behaviour, and i will keep an eye on the module.

A friend of mine has another unit, will play with that also to get more familiar with these SAIX12's.

Thansk again,

ron

acfnews
Starting Member
Starting Member

saix12 fuzziness ?

Post by acfnews »

All,

After the last programming two weeks ago, yesterday the problem did re-appear.
I could read status from the SAIX12, but could not toggle the lights on/off via X10.

After a removing the power from the unit, and applying power again things seem to work now.
It looks almost if the circuity towards the relay is acting funny now and then.

My friend with 3 SAIX12's (we bought them together) already had 2 replaced, but issues here also.

After loading the latest firmware 1.4.15.983 i hoped this was improved as Xanura mentions again support for their new models (inc SAIX12)in the release notes.

Any thoughts ? Looks like two issue here, but both in the same new SAIX12 modules...

acfnews
Starting Member
Starting Member

saix12 fuzziness ?

Post by acfnews »

All,

Last weekend did some experimenting with multiple SAIX12's, while programming with/via HCB.
Found one little issue which i believe is a bug. Can someone confirm this behaviour :
-program SAIX12 as wall-outlet or motion-detect
-leave checkbox next to 'send status load' empty

This should make the unit work as expected.

When programming the unit with 'send status load' checked on, the relais function does not seem to work anymore.

Would really appreciate some comments....

<font size="1">Xanura HCB, and some interfaces, and loads of wishes...</font id="size1">

Return to “X10, A10 Xanura Marmitek Forum”