ZAX12 problem with relais

Forum about Xanura, Eaton Holec and Marmitek and other brand X10 and A10 devices.
connect
Starting Member
Starting Member

ZAX12 problem with relais

Post by connect »

Hello,

I have a problem with the installation of a circuit zax12 blinds. I have to activate 3 blinds and so I support the zax12 built before a relay circuit.
Everything works well but the relays remain in rest position hum. I suspect that a leakage current through the relay causing this thing activated.
Has anyone an idea how I can solve this.

Regards,

Ruud Jansen
Henk

Re: ZAX12 problrm whit relais

Post by Henk »

Ruud,

I'm using a ZAX12 with two relays to control my 24V curtain motor and no problem .... the ZAX12 has its own internal relay contacts so it is not likely that there is any leak-current like a thyristor resulting in a permanent closure of the 230V relays.

Henk
connect
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: ZAX12 problem with relais

Post by connect »

Henk,

Wen i put no ZAX12 but just a switch everting go's fine. The hum stops when i quit the power of the ZAX12. Are you sure the ZAX12 has internal relais?

Greetings Ruud
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

The ZAX12 has a built in relay for sure, so normally you don't need any additional relays. Did you calibrate the ZAX12 according manual?
Henk

Post by Henk »

You need external relay(s) in case you want to switch 24V motors or using more than one 230V motor causing more current (Amp) than the rating of the internal relay .. like this case of operating 3 motors at the same time.

Henk
connect
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by connect »

bwired yes I have callibrate everything. Henk I will do some tests when I have some time. I got also two other zax12 but they are only controlling one blind. I wil swop them and tell you if i have the same problem.

Greetings,

Ruud
Tozz

Post by Tozz »

Not sure about the ZAX12, but the SAIX12 has a feature to turn itself on upon connecting load. This can be setup using the 'Hail request' and 'Hail Acknowledge' setup commands. So there must be some small current to detect if a load is connected to the device. Perhaps the current is high enough to switch a relais?
Henk

Post by Henk »

This feature is not likely implemented on the ZAX12 - no reason to test for load ....the ZAX will turn the relay on/off for a short period

Henk
Peterpc

Post by Peterpc »

The Zax12 uses a triac to switch the power ON/OFF and a relais to switch between UP/DOWN.
When you put an extra resistor parralel to your relais, the hum wil stop.
Peter
http://www.pcgsm.nl/
connect
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by connect »

Peter do you have a sugestion what kind off resistor I need. How much ohms and wattage

greetings Ruud

Return to “X10, A10 Xanura Marmitek Forum”