Bwired SMS Voicemail Server +31657275570

Forum about Questions, discussions and announcements regarding the Bwired website owned by Pieter Knuvers
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

Hi all,

<b>The Bwired SMS Voicemail Server +31657275570</b>

http://www.bwired.nl/Camoffice.asp

The Bwired SMS Voicemailserver is based on the Siemens M20 GSM Module which is connected by RS232 and Audio in- and output to my server. I have written software that can control the GSM Module, receive calls, play and record audio files, receive SMS text messages and control with SMS commands Home Automation devices. To try this out you can call or SMS to +31657275570

<b>Call ++31657275570</b>
If you call you will hear a funny message, during or after the message you can leave your own funny message. Beware that I'm also recording your voice during the playing of the message :-) So if you listen back the recorded message below, you will also hear the message first.

<b>SMS +31657275570</b>
You can send a text message (SMS) to the Bwired SMS server, this message will be displayed on the text ledbar which you can see on the officecam for about 2 minutes. you can also control the officelight (on/off), if you don't want your callerid being displayed this is also possible.<ul>
<li>SMS your text message and this will be displayed on the ledbar and also is listed below in the Bwired SMS Server Data grid.</li>
<li>If you put lighton or lightoff somewhere in your SMS message the Webcam light will react to that command.</li>
<li>If you put an X (capital) somewhere in the SMS message your callerid will be not be totally displayed.</li></ul>
So an example SMS text message can be Hello Bwired how are you doing geek lightonX i'm doing fine! the text is displayed on my site and on the ledbar (see camera) also your caller-ID will be partial hidden.

With this SMS functionality I can control all the devices in my house, together with a special code these commands are accepted and carried out by my Home automation system. All this functionality is database driven and can be configured very easily.

Pieter Knuvers
www.bwired.nl Online House in the netherlands. Domotica, Home Automation.
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Snelvuur »

Looks funny :) thats what we like to see. I use a simple phone with bluetooth connected to my linux box which basicly does the same. But this could be perhaps cheapers then getting a gsm module. (depends what you have lying around) for recording i'am still playing with asterisk. Bad part for me would be that i have 2 seperate phone numbers then. But hey, they come cheap and almost free these days anyways.

// Erik (binkey.nl)
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

Hi Erik,
Back from vacation!
The SIM card is only costing 10 euro (once) you don't have to upgrade subscription or something like that. And as long as you get calls or SMS messages the card will stay valid. It was fun to make and for me a great backup function for controlling my devices.
Regards Pieter
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Snelvuur »

Yes, but more pointing out that you have to buy either they gsm module or the bluetooth phone.. but i use it also to send sms's (sim only card) for all my "flits" messages on the road.

// Erik (binkey.nl)
andywee

Post by andywee »

I'm actually trying to do the opposite.
i have a decomissioned USB huawei K3715 3G broadband modem with the simplest and cheapest non data plan. I'm trying to get homeseer to connect to it to SEND SMS. havent figure out how to go about doing so.
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

Sounds the same :-)

Return to “Bwired Forum”