Z-Wave queue running high

Forum about Domotiga Open Source Home Automation for Linux.

Moderator: RDNZL

Jbrand
Starting Member
Starting Member

Z-Wave queue running high

Post by Jbrand »

After the upgrade on the open-zwave support on domotiga the message queue is running high.

In 15 minutes the queue rises to 300 messages. Am I doing something wrong. I tried to raise the poll interval from 0 to 30 / 60. But nothing happened.

Could somebody help me with a solution for this problem.

-- John
jrkalf

Re: Z-Wave queue running high

Post by jrkalf »

Jbrand wrote:After the upgrade on the open-zwave support on domotiga the message queue is running high.

In 15 minutes the queue rises to 300 messages. Am I doing something wrong. I tried to raise the poll interval from 0 to 30 / 60. But nothing happened.

Could somebody help me with a solution for this problem.

-- John
How many devices are you running in your network? If you have like 2 devices, 30-60 seconds is quite nice. If you're running 30 devices, then it's probably wise to up the timer to at least one or two minutes.
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem!

Fibaro HC2, various z-wave switching, alerting, detection modules.
ELV FHT80b heating system.
Jbrand
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Jbrand »

I will try that. I have 20 devices. Before the last fix ( revision 799 ) the poll 0 timer doesn't work anymore. I have never set the poll timer before.

-- John
jrkalf

Post by jrkalf »

Jbrand wrote:I will try that. I have 20 devices. Before the last fix ( revision 799 ) the poll 0 timer doesn't work anymore. I have never set the poll timer before.

-- John
hihi, I know. It happened because I poked Ron about this. I switched to open-zwave and I asked him why the poll timer kept going to zero and he notified me that the timer was set manually still inside the domozwave code. So I manually went flipping digits there, but Ron immediately went writing the code and only half an hour later he already pinged me with a mail requesting me to update to the latest code in which he had updated the poll timer to be set from inside domotiga.

The original Poll timer from the domozwave code was 300 seconds :mrgreen:

Jbrand
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Jbrand »

It's a pity that this isn't the solution for my problem. In one hour the message queue has raised to 1500 messages. I think that something doesn't work right. I can't save anything in the poll-interval. When I save and reopen it's still zero. I tried setting it in the database, but that doesn't work either.
Jbrand
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Jbrand »

I solved the problem. Erasing the stick and adding every device again fixed it. Thanks for the help.
jrkalf

Post by jrkalf »

perhaps it was a zwave routing issue. I know domotiga itself isn't very advanced and unable to automagically optimize the routing.

If you have a windows machine, try downloading ztool from homeseer and see if you can optimize the routing in that bit of software next time you run into the issue.

raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

I`m having the same issues when using the open-zwave code so i made a support question on the domotiga.nl website http://www.domotiga.nl/issues/95 and im waiting for response of Ron.

Code: Select all

open-zwave is At revision 426.
domotiga is At revision 826.
But i have also seen that Ron has created a new version of Domotiga so i wil now make a snapshot of my VM and trie to upgrade the system.
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s
jrkalf

Post by jrkalf »

For the debugging part, perhaps this is usefull for ron: Could you let him know how many devices you run and if you've "optimized" your network using that ztool.

One of the things that might cause your queue's to run high is if some part of the network isn't properly reachable. Perhaps you could try that to be sure.

Return to “DomotiGa Forum”